BASIC SKILLS EDUCATION LINKS
Under the leadership of the Volkshochschule Floridsdorf, activities have started to implement the platform Netzwerk Alphabetisierung (basic skills network):
The institutions/courses mentioned above focus on teaching basic skills in a rather narrow sense, i.e. exclusively for people with no or very limited literacy and numeracy skills. Referring to the project’s definition of basic skills, the number of institutions offering basic skills courses becomes much larger:
- NGOs at regional levels; these are mostly funded by labour market services, local government and European projects (EQUAL, ESF/strand 3, SOKRATES)
- Labour office (AMS) or other institutions offering courses for unemployed or people interested in job related further education (e.g. BFI)
- Institutions in the vocational training sector
- Institutions offering courses to people (juveniles and adults) who subsequently want to acquire school leaving certificates (secondary school level); English and German.
This site has multiple aims:
to inform and help those in difficulty and in need of support
to increase awareness and involvement amongst the wider public with regard to illiteracy issues in France
to propose free multimedia educational tools online
This site which is run by the ANLCI offers advice, gives information about business initiatives as well as useful addresses and other information about state help for basic skills training in business.
Major agents in basic skills system are:
- Region: see at www.uetitalia.it/regioni.htm, www.regioni.it
- Province: see at www.upinet.it/province.asp
- Local authorities: see at http://www.comuni.it/, http://www.ancitel.it
- Public and private bodies
- Public and private bodies for training and/or study and research and/or promotion and publicity
- Accredited training bodies
- Accredited training agencies and their consortia
- Education institutions: see at www.miur.it
- CTPs: see at www.retectp.it
- IRREs: http://www.istruzione.it/altrisiti/linkirrsae.shtml
- Universities (popular universities, universities for the third age): www.cnupi.it,
- www.unitre.net, www.federuni.it, www.terzaeta.com, etc.
- Employment services: see at www.welfare.gov.it
- Cultural facilities of the public bodies (libraries, museum, theatres,…)
- Foundations and associations: www.didaweb.net, www.fipec.it, www.edaforum.it,
- http://www.forumterzosettore.it/, etc.
- Bilateral bodies: www.ebna.it, www.ebnt.it, www.obrcampania.it, www.ebtc.it,
- www.ebac-campania.org, www.erfea.it, etc.
- Companies and their consortia
- Temporary associations of companies
- Civic networks for the initiatives for the adult education: e.g. http://www.rcvr.org
- FAEA - Federacion de Asociaciones de Educacion de personas Adultas
- LAEA - Latvian Adult Education Association – Latvijas Pieaugušo izglītības apvienība
- VOCB – Flaams Ondersteuningscentrum voor de bsaiseducatie
- VOX - the Norwegian Institute of Adult Education www.vox.no